We have often seen the Nest Security Camera being touted as a perfect security camera for your home. So, we thought we’d take a look at this in a little more detail.
A Closer Look at the Nest Security Camera
- This device is compatible with Alexa for voice control. Of course, the Alexa unit is sold separately.
- We loved the nest alerts. Whether the kids have just arrived from school or the dog has decided to eat the cushions of the sofa you just bought; the Nest Cam is able to pick it all up!
- The neatest feature is the “Person Alerts” and “Activity Alerts”, which allows you to keep your home safe even if you aren’t there.
- There is a built-in speaker and mic to your camera, so you can speak through the device even when you are not there.
- Installation is very straightforward and they are able to work well in all kinds of homes. The Nest Cam has a built-in magnet so you can stick it to something metallic. Use the removable wall plate to attach Nest Cam to a wall. Or you can unscrew the camera from the base and attach it to any standard tripod mount.
- Nest has worked hard to design thoughtful devices to help keep you safe and secure. Nest devices not only communicate with each other but also with the other smart devices around your home. Your Nest Secure can use your smart light bulbs to help get your attention in the event of an emergency; your smart washer and dryer can take the data from Nest and run the next load of laundry when energy demand is low. Look for the Works with Nest badge and let Nest handle the rest.
- Nest is primarily focused on making your home safe and secure. They’ve been able to do this in a way that is not overly invasive and treating your home like a prison.
- Priced around the $400 mark, it offers good value for money compared to other security cameras for sale.
If you have tried the Nest security camera, let us know what you thought of it by commenting below, and we will feature your reviews in future articles.