In this day and age, customers are expecting to pay using their credit or debit cards when they purchase goods in store. If you have a small business, you will realize how invaluable a portable magnetic stripe card reader is. But, what is the best portable magnetic stripe card reader for sale at the moment?
Magnetic Stripe Card Reader Recommendations
Deftun Bluetooth Magnetic Stripe Card Reader
The Deftun Bluetooth Magnetic Stripe Card Reader is a device that comes highly recommended by those who have used it on a regular basis. Here’s why…
- The Deftun is one of the world’s only wireless bluetooth magnetic stripe credit card readers, that is both small and portable.
- There is a pre-installed Bluetooth and USB interface, which is able to work seamlessly with Windows OS, Android, Mac OS, iPhone and iPad.
- We would recommend that you download “EasyMSR” from “Google Play”or “App Store” for Android Mobile/Tablet.
- This is a great solution for a card reading/writing solution for ISO 7811-6 formats.
While it has received mostly positive feedback, some customers have commented on the fact that it can be difficult to connect the Bluetooth to the reader. Make sure you have it all setup before you first try it out on customers. There is nothing worse than having a customer ready to pay, but not being able to take payment!
OSAYDE PRO USB Silver Magnetic Credit Card Reader
Another card reader we would recommend is the OSAYDE PRO USB Silver Magnetic Credit Card Reader. Here are some reasons why it should be considered…
- We love the great unique portable design, which looks very elegant compared to some other portable readers that are on the market at the moment
- It has multi-functional operation – you can Read, Write / Rewrite, Erase, Copy, Compare, Write from file, Read to file, Setup and Change Password from the device direct.
- It is able to be used in all version of Windows
- For safety, it has functionality for over-voltage, over-current, leakage and short circuit. There is also an anti-interference protection module which protects you.
For those of you with Macs, you will need to choose another device, as it isn’t compatible with Macs.
If you have used any of these magnetic stripe card readers before, let us know how you found using them. If you have any recommendations for better card readers, please let us know.